- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split, wing tips discarded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Sweet chili sauce, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil 2 baking pans. Toss the wings with the salt and pepper, and then divide evenly between the pans, leaving ample room between the chicken pieces. Bake, turning the wings and rotating the position of the pans halfway through, until crisp and golden brown, 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir the honey, soy sauce, curry powder, cumin and hot sauce together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken wings to coat, and then return to 1 of the pans and continue to bake until glazed and charred in places, about 5 minutes. Serve with a small bowl of sweet chili sauce, for dipping.